Some Interview Questions
- How to check how many databases are up and running at OS level?
- [[email protected] ~] $ ps –ef | grep smon
- [[email protected] ~] $ ps –ef | grep oracle
- How to check the status of database at SQL level?
- SQL> select * from v$instance;
- SQL> select name,open_mode from v$database;
- How to check the version & bit version of database?
- SQL> select * from v$version; (same is the answer to check edition of database)
- How to check how many databases existing on a server?
- [[email protected] ~] $ more /etc/oratab
But this is again not the correct answer as entries for manually created databases will be updated automatically in oratab file.